This is a photo challenge I found on Facebook through a friend... I thought why not... lets give it a shot... 365 days in the year... 365 photos (or more knowing me...) I can do this. So this is pretty much my photo diary and you're allowed to read it.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4

Mama Juanita Lopez Herrera



This photo was taken on October 26th 2007... it is NOT part of my 365... but it is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!! I took this with my camera phone while visiting her at her home. She decorated her home with all these little trinkets from the 99 Cent store and would let us pick out what we'd like to take home :) I've had it on my phones screen saver ever since. Today, my Grandmother passed away. She is the tie that binds our family together... She had 24 children... and 9 survived to live and have their own families. She outlived her eldest son. She has 25 grandchildren, 34 great grandchildren and 14 great great grandchildren. She is now happy with my grandfather who she has missed DEARLY for 11 years so i KNOW in my heart she is eternally happy. We love her with all our hearts and will always remember EVERYTHING about her.


This is Kaeden's Nina Sam. She LOVES him and he LOVES her... and that's what Nina's are for and that's why she's his Nina.


Kaeden has found a new way of "expressing" his anger... in the form of a heavy blob that drops to the ground and will not get up unless he decides to. HM!


Porch Photo- Today... we whine.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, so sweet with Nina Sam. Love the angry photo. Ben does that too and it cracks me up. He'll lay face down on the floor and press his face into the ground crying. I sound like a bad mommy! It's just sooo dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the picture of your grandma's house made me cry :.) My grandma died the year i started dating aaron and she has 10 children she also held our family together it was sad to see what happened to everyone when she passed away. I remember going to stay with her when i was little and she took me to pic n save and let me pick out whatever i wanted. :) she decorated her xmas tree with all the happy meal toys her grandkids would give her. I remember her sitting on her kitchen table with a stained oversized t shirt without her teeth in sipping on a cup of coffee. i miss her so much. It's a beautiful picture and reminded me of a lot of happy memories, thank you.

    ReplyDelete